Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Week 8 - social search engines

Hello! today I learnt about social search engines, I found out that these search engines determine the relevance of search results by considering the interaction or contributions of users. I checked out the following answer boards - YahooAnswers and WikiAnswers, I found the anwers given to be informative and helpfull. I had a look at Answer Board Librarians where librarians are supposed to provide answers on popular answer board sites such as YahooAnswers and WikiAnswers. I think promoting library services through answer boards is a good idea and willl keep us in the public eye .I posted a question on Yahoo and I will receive an answer within three days. I learned a lot today. I will encourage school children to use answer boards when they use the interent in my library.

No comments: