Thursday, May 1, 2008

Week 9 - Podcasts and audio

Hello! today I got acquainted with podcasts. I found out that libraries can have podcasts. I had a look at LibVibe a library news podcast, then I checked out Denver Public Library where you can access archives through podcasts. I found that you can listen to a podcast throught the mp3 or wav formats and you can watch them on media players such as windows media player. You first have to download the padcast to your computer and then you can hear or watch them on your media player. I had a look at OCLS podcasts. I found very interesting to explore the Denver Public Library podcasts wich include children's songs, nursery rhymes , intreviews and news. I listened to podcasts on the British Library site.I learned that you can subscribe to rss podcast feeds to most podcasts. I learned that a lot of libraries in America have podcast feeds that people can subscribe to. I think audio and video podcasts can be used in libraries for many uses such as - book reviews, poetry readingd, lectures on specific topics, celebration of special events, oral interviews, library newscasts. I also listened to podcasts on Library Service Wiki and the Online Education Database.

No comments: